- This event has passed.
Stargazing Event! (Free)
November 17 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pmFREE
Time: 6:00- 8:00 p.m.
Location: Fort Missoula Native Plant Garden
Cost: FREE (Though Registration is Required)
One of the upsides to the shortening days of autumn is that there is more time for stargazing! Join local expert Chad Moore and other amateur astronomers from the Western Montana Astronomical Association for an evening of stargazing, telescope viewing, and learning constellations. Viewing opportunities include the crescent moon, all four gas giant planets (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune), the Andromeda Galaxy, and – if we are lucky! – a Leonid meteor or two.
What to Bring:
- More clothes and blankets than you think you will need to stay warm
- Binoculars if you have them
- Flashlight/headlamp with a red light if you have one
- Perhaps a hot beverage
- This event is weather permitting – forecasted strong winds or cloudy skies will cancel. We will email participants if the event is cancelled.
- No pets please
- Bundle up, especially any little ones
- No Bathroom on site!