- This event has passed.
Saunter with a Naturalist
March 16 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$5 – $10
Morning: March 16, 2023 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Evening: March 21, 2023 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Location: Greenough Park
Cost: $5 MNHC members/$10 non-members.
Bring your curiosity and your own naturalist knowledge and join MNHC Naturalist Ser Anderson on a naturalist saunter. We will focus on exploring the changing seasons, making observations, following our curiosity, and learning from each other. Whether you are an experienced naturalist or just starting out, this walk is for you! Everyone has something to learn and knowledge to share.
Location Info: Greenough Park is part of the City of Missoula’s Parks system. Located along the lower reaches of Rattlesnake Creek, the park is largely a natural area, featuring a riparian habitat. A partially paved, partially gravel trail forms a loop through most of the park’s 42 acres. The trail is broad and flat enough to accommodate strollers, walkers, and wheelchairs, though the trail noticeably climbs a hill and may get icy and harder to navigate in winter.
Directions: Head up the Rattlesnake, crossing under I-90. If on Madison Street, take the slight right onto Greenough Drive. Turn right onto Vine St immediately after driving under I-90 and take the first left onto Monroe St. Drive north to the parking lot near the intersection of Monroe and Locust streets. If on Van Buren St, turn west onto Locust St and drive two blocks to the parking lot.
Group size is capped at 10 people.
Registration is required.
What’s the refund policy?
- The course fee is refundable if a cancellation is made up to 7 days before the event. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after this deadline. In light of changes to programming due to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will make exceptions to its normal refund policy. These exceptions are as follows:
- Any programs cancelled by the Montana Natural History Center are eligible for a full refund.
- In the event a program fee can be rolled over to a following cycle or year, that offer will be made available to the paying program participant, and a spot will be reserved for the participant.
- If a program is cancelled by a participant due to reasonable health and safety concerns from exposure risk to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will issue a full refund.
- If any participant experiences major illness, injury, or loss of a family member prior to the start of a registered program the participant is eligible for a full refund.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Nope! We will have a list of all the attendees.