- This event has passed.
Saunter with a Naturalist- June
June 22 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$5 – $10
Evening: June 20, 2023 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Morning: June 22, 2023 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Council Grove
COST: $5 MNHC members/$10 non-members.
Bring your curiosity and your own naturalist knowledge and join MNHC Naturalist Ser Anderson on a naturalist saunter. We will focus on exploring the changing seasons, making observations, following our curiosity, and learning from each other. Whether you are an experienced naturalist or just starting out, this walk is for you! Everyone has something to learn and knowledge to share.
Location Info: Council Grove State Park is both culturally and ecologically significant. Named for the site’s historic use as a meeting place for tribal councils, Council Grove is where the 1855 Hellgate Treaty establishing the Flathead Reservation was signed. The park’s old growth ponderosa pine and cottonwood forest provide excellent habitat for birds. The park is located in the greater Clark Fork River-Grass Valley Important Bird Area (IBA). The trails vary in width and flatness and may provide challenges to wheelchair, walker and stroller accessibility.
Directions: From North Reserve Street, turn onto Mullan Road by the Walmart and head northwest. Follow Mullan Road past the gravel pit, cemetery, golf course, and Kona Ranch Road (where you’ll see shooting range signs). The road will narrow and start to curve to the left. A small brown sign for Council Grove State Park will be on your right and you will turn left. Follow the dirt road until you reach the parking lot. Council Grove is about 7 miles from Reserve Street.
Group size is capped at 10 people.
Registration is required.
What’s the refund policy?
- The course fee is refundable if a cancellation is made up to 7 days before the event. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after this deadline. In light of changes to programming due to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will make exceptions to its normal refund policy. These exceptions are as follows:
- Any programs cancelled by the Montana Natural History Center are eligible for a full refund.
- In the event a program fee can be rolled over to a following cycle or year, that offer will be made available to the paying program participant, and a spot will be reserved for the participant.
- If a program is cancelled by a participant due to reasonable health and safety concerns from exposure risk to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will issue a full refund.
- If any participant experiences major illness, injury, or loss of a family member prior to the start of a registered program the participant is eligible for a full refund.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Nope! We will have a list of all the attendees.