- This event has passed.
Saunter with a Naturalist – February
February 16 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$5 – $10
Morning: February 16, 2023 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Crazy Canyon
COST: $5 MNHC members/$10 non-members.
Bring your curiosity and your own naturalist knowledge and join MNHC Naturalist Ser Anderson on a naturalist saunter. We will focus on exploring the changing seasons, making observations, following our curiosity, and learning from each other. Whether you are an experienced naturalist or just starting out, this walk is for you! Everyone has something to learn and knowledge to share.
Crazy Canyon Trail
Location Info: Part of the Pattee Canyon Recreation Area, Crazy Canyon Trail heads up through a ponderosa pine-Douglas-fir forest. The main trail is on an old forest service road and is accessible for strollers, walkers, and wheelchairs when the snow isn’t too deep. Other trails forming loops with the main trail are narrower and steeper and cannot accommodate strollers, walkers, and wheelchairs, but the Saunter route will be decided to meet the needs of attendees.
Directions: Turn east onto Pattee Canyon Road from the curve where S Higgins becomes SW Higgins. Follow Pattee Canyon Rd about 3.5 miles to the Crazy Canyon Trailhead. The parking lot is on the left side of the road and clearly marked.
Group size is capped at 10 people.
Registration is required.
View our cancellation/refund policy here.
What’s the refund policy?
- The course fee is refundable if a cancellation is made up to 7 days before the event. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after this deadline. In light of changes to programming due to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will make exceptions to its normal refund policy. These exceptions are as follows:
- Any programs cancelled by the Montana Natural History Center are eligible for a full refund.
- In the event a program fee can be rolled over to a following cycle or year, that offer will be made available to the paying program participant, and a spot will be reserved for the participant.
- If a program is cancelled by a participant due to reasonable health and safety concerns from exposure risk to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will issue a full refund.
- If any participant experiences major illness, injury, or loss of a family member prior to the start of a registered program the participant is eligible for a full refund.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Nope! We will have a list of all the attendees.