- This event has passed.
Make Wild Foraged Soup and Tea with Wild Wanders Missoula (Waitlist Only)
March 1 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm$35 – $40
Date: Wednesday, March 1
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 p.m.
Location: Montana Natural History Center
Stock, Tea, Broth, Soup, Nourishing Herbs.
“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” – Hippocrates
Herbal medicine doesn’t just come in tinctures and salves. Come discover how to add wild medicinals to your daily meals with winter’s most flexible food: soup! We’ll be exploring with our palates the many tasting notes of different herbs and mushrooms, and talking about medicinal properties, herbal preservation, and harvesting ethics. Led by Syndey Morical and Cathryn Raan of Wild Wanders, this class will enable you to begin foraging for your dinner!
Instructors: Sydney and Cathryn are both passionate and longtime gatherers of wild food and medicine. They have also served on the Board of Directors for the Western Montana Mycological Association for the last four years, planning events, teaching a wide variety of mushroom classes, and keeping the fungal community engaged and connected. They both have experience in herbal medicine and agriculture (they will teach you about all the wonderful “weeds” around town), and a deep love of this land and all the plants living in their midst. They are humbled and delighted to be two of many on a long strand of plant-loving humans sharing their experience and knowledge with others.
Cost: $35 MNHC members, $40 non-members. You can add your MNHC membership to your order when you check out. Scholarships are available! Please call 406.327.0405 to inquire.
What’s the refund policy?
- The course fee is refundable if a cancellation is made up to 7 days before the event. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after this deadline. In light of changes to programming due to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will make exceptions to its normal refund policy. These exceptions are as follows:
- Any programs cancelled by the Montana Natural History Center are eligible for a full refund.
- In the event a program fee can be rolled over to a following cycle or year, that offer will be made available to the paying program participant, and a spot will be reserved for the participant.
- If a program is cancelled by a participant due to reasonable health and safety concerns from exposure risk to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will issue a full refund.
- If any participant experiences major illness, injury, or loss of a family member prior to the start of a registered program the participant is eligible for a full refund.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Nope! We will have a list of all the attendees.