Virtual Naturalist Book Club #2
December 6 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 6:30 pm on day First of the month, repeating until December 7, 2021
Date: Monthly, on the first Monday of the month
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location/Platform: Virtual Zoom Classroom
Joining our free naturalist book club is a wonderful way to become acquainted with excellent nature books and to meet other like-minded naturalists! Look forward to each month as you discuss what you have read, enjoying various perspectives and insights.
Your hosts will be Sherry Staub and Cas Kendley. Sherry has lead the Sacajawea book club for over two years in Bozeman and has extensively read in the nature book genre. Cas started and led a book club as a UM student and is looking forward to starting an advanced degree in forestry at the UM.
- The Genius of Birds by Jennifer Ackerman (Sept 2021)
- The Hidden Life of Trees by Peter Wohlleben (Oct. 2021)
- Braiding Sweetgrass by (Robin Wall Kimmerer (Nov. 2021)
- Break for December
- Lab Girl by Hope Jahren (Feb.2022)
- Trace: Memory, History, Race and the American Landscape by Lauret Savoy (Mar. 2022)
- The Singing Creek Where the Willows Grow: The Mystical Nature Diary of Opal Whiteley (Apr.2022)
- Gathering Moss by Robin Wall Kimmerer ( May 2022)
You will need a computer that can access the internet and Zoom platform in order to participate.
Interested in joining? There are spaces available! Email Christine at cmorris [at] montananaturalist [dot] org to sign up.
Class is limited to 10 participants.