- This event has passed.
Saunter with a Naturalist in the Morning
February 17 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$5 – $10
Date: February 17
Time: 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
February Location: Kelly Island
Location will vary month to month (in the Missoula Valley)
Bring your curiosity and your own naturalist knowledge and join MNHC Naturalist Ser Anderson on a naturalist saunter. We will focus on exploring the changing seasons, making observations, following our curiosity, and learning from each other. Whether you are an experienced naturalist or just starting out, this walk is for you. Everyone has something to learn and knowledge to share.
We may shorten the walk in response to inclement weather, but inclement weather can produce its own interesting observations so the walks will not be canceled unless it is a question of safety.
- Mask (we will practice social distancing and wear masks when together)
- Your favorite naturalist tools
- binoculars, magnifying glasses, field guides, journals, etc. We will have some binoculars, magnifying glasses and collection containers available to borrow as well.
Cost: $5/$10 Member/Non-Member
Registration required for each month. Register for the February Saunter with a Naturalist in the Morning here.
Group size capped at 10 people.
Location Info: Kelly Island is located where the Bitterroot River joins the Clark Fork. The fishing access site is located along the Clark Fork and includes a rocky river channel and a cottonwood stand. The trail is narrow and mostly flat, but the trail starts with steep and rocky sections that make this location not ideal for strollers, walkers, or wheelchairs.
Directions: The fishing access site on Spurgin Road can be reached by driving west from Reserve Street. If coming from the north, take 3rd Street west from Reserve St and turn left onto Clements Road where 3rd St ends. Turn right onto Spurgin Road and continue until you arrive at the fishing access site, which will be on the right. If coming from the south, take Spurgin Road west from Reserve St. Spurgin Rd jogs north at Clements Street, so turn right and then immediately turn left again to continue on Spurgin Road to the Kelly Island Fishing Access, on the right near the end of Spurgin Road.
What’s the refund policy?
The course fee (minus a 25% administrative fee) is refundable if a cancellation is made up to 7 days before the event. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after this deadline. In light of changes to programming due to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will make exceptions to its normal refund policy. These exceptions are as follows:
- Any programs cancelled by the Montana Natural History Center are eligible for a full refund.
- In the event a program fee can be rolled over to a following cycle or year, that offer will be made available to the paying program participant, and a spot will be reserved for the participant.
- If a program is cancelled by a participant due to reasonable health and safety concerns from exposure risk to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will issue a full refund.
- If any participant experiences major illness, injury, or loss of a family member prior to the start of a registered program the participant is eligible for a full refund.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Nope! We will have a list of all the attendees.