- This event has passed.
Saunter with a Naturalist – April
April 20 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Evening: April 18, 2023 @ 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm (CANCELED)
Morning: April 20, 2023 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Location: Fort Missoula Native Plant Garden
COST: $5 MNHC members/$10 non-members.
Bring your curiosity and your own naturalist knowledge and join MNHC Naturalist Ser Anderson on a naturalist saunter. We will focus on exploring the changing seasons, making observations, following our curiosity, and learning from each other. Whether you are an experienced naturalist or just starting out, this walk is for you! Everyone has something to learn and knowledge to share.
Fort Missoula Native Plant Garden
Location Info: The Fort Missoula Native Plant Garden was designed by a working group of children and dedicated adults in 1999. Today the garden has grown into an impressive outdoor learning space with a three-season classroom. The garden provides habitat for a variety of native plants and their pollinators, and a diverse range of bird species. Additional trails lead down to the riparian area along the Bitterroot River. The trails in the garden itself are flat and wide enough to accommodate wheelchairs, walkers and strollers, but the trails along the Bitterroot River are much narrower.
Directions: Head south on Reserve St, crossing South Ave. Take the first right turn after South Ave. onto Dearborn Ave. Dearborn Ave. angles southwest and turns into Fort Missoula Road. Follow Fort Missoula Road through the three-way stop sign to where it hits a T in the road. Turn left onto H Road. Drive to the end of H Road and take a left and the garden will be on your right.
Group size is capped at 10 people.
Registration is required.
What’s the refund policy?
- The course fee is refundable if a cancellation is made up to 7 days before the event. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after this deadline. In light of changes to programming due to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will make exceptions to its normal refund policy. These exceptions are as follows:
- Any programs cancelled by the Montana Natural History Center are eligible for a full refund.
- In the event a program fee can be rolled over to a following cycle or year, that offer will be made available to the paying program participant, and a spot will be reserved for the participant.
- If a program is cancelled by a participant due to reasonable health and safety concerns from exposure risk to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will issue a full refund.
- If any participant experiences major illness, injury, or loss of a family member prior to the start of a registered program the participant is eligible for a full refund.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Nope! We will have a list of all the attendees.