- This event has passed.
Raptors Up Close at Wild Skies Raptor Center (Waitlist Only)
October 17, 2022 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm$40 – $45
Date: October 17
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: Meet at the Montana Natural History Center, transportation by MNHC bus
Cost: $40 MNHC members / $45 non-members. Scholarships are available! Please contact cmorris [at] montananaturalist.org for more information.
You can add an MNHC membership at checkout.
Raptors astound us with their grace, beauty, and power. Get a special opportunity to see these birds up close at the Wild Skies Raptor Center in Potomac. We will take a tour of their lovely facility outside of Potomac, learning about, and from, their educational ambassadors: Roland the Swainson’s hawk, Minerva the screech owl, Daya the saw-whet owl, and more. Discover the details that make these birds such biological marvels and gain an understanding of current conservation challenges.
Instructor: Brooke Tanner was born in Toledo, OH, and moved to Montana in 2002 after graduating from veterinary technician school in Colorado. She got her start rehabilitating raptors at the Grounded Eagle Foundation in Condon, MT, from 2006-2009. Brooke founded Wild Skies Raptor Center in March of 2010 after Grounded Eagle closed. Brooke’s background in veterinary medicine and continued work at the Missoula Veterinary Clinic give her a unique perspective on wildlife rehabilitation, the long-term care of education birds, collaborative approaches to care and treatment, and potential research applications for the work she does.
We will take the MNHC bus to Wild Skies Raptor Center. We will eat lunch at the site after the program.
What to Bring:
- sack lunch
- snacks, water
- clothes for changing Montana weather conditions
- camera (optional)
- journal and writing implement (optional)
- small class limited to 14 students
- masks may be required or recommended indoors and on the bus depending on CDC guidelines and Missoula numbers
- vaccinated MNHC staff and instructors
What’s the refund policy?
The course fee is refundable if a cancellation is made up to 7 days before the event. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after this deadline. In light of changes to programming due to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will make exceptions to its normal refund policy. These exceptions are as follows:
- Any programs cancelled by the Montana Natural History Center are eligible for a full refund.
- In the event a program fee can be rolled over to a following cycle or year, that offer will be made available to the paying program participant, and a spot will be reserved for the participant.
- If a program is cancelled by a participant due to reasonable health and safety concerns from exposure risk to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will issue a full refund.
- If any participant experiences major illness, injury, or loss of a family member prior to the start of a registered program the participant is eligible for a full refund.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Nope! We will have a list of all the attendees.