- This event has passed.
Family FieldStudies: Monarchs, Milkweed, & Mysteries
June 17, 2020 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
An event every week that begins at 10:00 am on Wednesday, repeating until June 24, 2020
What do mountains have to do with monarch migration? Why are monarchs orange? Why does milkweed matter? Join Maggie Hirschauer, zoologist and Bitterroot Monarch Project Coordinator at the MPG Ranch, for a two-part series that explores these questions and more!
Participants will gain access to two engaging videos that introduce the life cycle of monarchs, the relationship between monarchs and milkweed, defenses of the monarch, parasitoids and captive rearing of this amazing arthropod. Participants are encouraged to submit questions to the scientist that she will then answer live during two live streams that only participants can attend.
Tiered pricing packages allow participants to pay what they can and add on optional sponsorships and goodies!
What is included:
- 2 engaging videos on monarchs
- 2 live stream events
- Exclusive access and interaction with a leading monarch scientist
- Tips and tricks for getting outside to help this species
- A monarch extension packet with fun activities to extend your family’s learning
- Optional pollinator resource packet sent right to your door
- Video release dates: Monday, June 15th, and Monday, June 22nd
- Live stream programs: Wednesday, June 17th, @ 10 AM and Wednesday, June 24th, @ 10 AM
Pay what you can ($2, $5, $10, $20, other)
- “Spread Love”: sponsoring another household @ pay what you can (donation of $2, $5, $10, $20, other)
- “Pollinator Packet”: A packet with milkweed seeds, pollinator resources (including information on how to safely buy native plants), and germination instructions (+ $10). This add-on feature is limited to the first 50 orders. You can choose this add-on at checkout after you’ve selected your ticket.
What’s the refund policy?
The course fee (minus a 25% administrative fee) is refundable if a cancellation is made up to 7 days before the event. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after this deadline. See our full refund/cancellation policy here.