- This event has passed.
Eastern Branch of Glacial Lake Missoula Trip: Hellgate Canyon to Gold Creek
September 14 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$15 – $20
LOCATION: Meet at MNHC
TIME: 10:00 am
Take a trip with the members of the Glacial Lake Missoula Chapter of the Ice Age Floods Institute!
- Travel through the Hellgate canyon stopping to examine varved Glacial sediment and concentrations of GLM flood derived large boulder concentrations.
- Observe a road cut through GLM sediments.
- See the location for the future site of a GLM rock marker etched with the highest lake filling denoting the eastern- most arm of the lake.
- Learn about historic and current placer mining and micro-diamond discovery at Bear Gulch.
What to Bring:
- Clothes appropriate for changing Montana weather conditions
- Good walking shoes
- Lunch, snacks, and water
REGISTRATION REQUIRED. Register here.
Member pricing for both GLM and MNHC members-$15