- This event has passed.
Birdwatching at Lee Metcalf Wildlife Refuge
August 23 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$5 – $10
Location: Meet at the Visitor Center at Lee Metcalf Wildlife Refuge, Stevensville, MT
Date: Monday, August 23
Time: 9:00am – 12:00pm
We will meet at the Visitor’s Center at Lee Metcalf to use spotting scopes at the ponds then we will stroll through the forest for a different variety of birds at the Wildlife Viewing Area down the road. We will provide scopes and binoculars if you need them.
All levels welcome.
- Masks are optional, but we will continue to practice social distancing as much as possible.
- Your favorite naturalist tools
- binoculars, magnifying glasses, field guides, journals, etc. We will have some binoculars to borrow as well.
- Cost: $5/$10 Member/Non-Member
Registration required. REGISTER HERE
Group size capped at 10 people.
What’s the refund policy?
The course fee (minus a 25% administrative fee) is refundable if a cancellation is made up to 7 days before the event. No refunds will be issued for cancellations made after this deadline. In light of changes to programming due to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will make exceptions to its normal refund policy. These exceptions are as follows:
- Any programs cancelled by the Montana Natural History Center are eligible for a full refund.
- In the event a program fee can be rolled over to a following cycle or year, that offer will be made available to the paying program participant, and a spot will be reserved for the participant.
- If a program is cancelled by a participant due to reasonable health and safety concerns from exposure risk to novel coronavirus (COVID-19), the Montana Natural History Center will issue a full refund.
- If any participant experiences major illness, injury, or loss of a family member prior to the start of a registered program the participant is eligible for a full refund.
- If a program is cancelled by a participant due to reasonable health concerns from exposure to unhealthy air due to wildfire smoke, the Montana Natural History Center will issue a full refund.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Nope! We will have a list of all the attendees.