Enjoy an afternoon at the Montana Natural History Center’s Native Plant Garden at Fort Missoula and learn about organizations across Montana that can help create or enhance a native plant garden at your school. Whether you are adding native plant features to a vegetable garden or taking advantage of a small plot on your schoolyard, you can be attracting and providing valuable habitat for pollinators.
Teachers will explore hands-on activities that meet educational standards. In addition participants will:
- Take home lots of resource materials
- Experience a top-notch native plant teaching garden
- Learn about pollinators, native plants, and native plant gardening
- And receive some FREE native plants!
- Most importantly, we hope you will make connections that will help grow and sustain your native plant garden and its outdoor classroom use.
Date: Thursday, May 8th
Time: 3:00- 6:30 p.m.
Location: The Fort Missoula Native Plant Garden at Fort Missoula
Registration: Please call 327-0405 to register. This class is FREE, but space is limited.
Snacks and light dinner provided
3 OPI credits available
Please visit our Teacher Resources page for more information on programs, workshops, and resources for teachers.